Professional Agile Leadership – Essentials (PAL-E) training
This Professional Agile Leadership™ Essentials (PAL-E) is a 2 day training\workshop that provides a foundation for the role that leaders play in creating the conditions for a successful agile transformation.
The training\workshop is a unique mix of theory & practice, optimized for the best learning experience.
Although there is a slide-deck that will be provided to everyone, this training\workshop will merely use flipcharts, videos, team cases\exercises & interactive discussions.
The location & training room is shaped towards optimal collaboration between the participants.
The content of the PAL-E training\workshop is continuously updated by a community of Professional Scrum Trainers (PST’s). With over 190 PSTs around the world teaching the materials, that provides a fantastic number of people to provide excellent feedback to improve the content and quality of the courseware.
Upcoming Public Courses:
|May 14-15, 2018
|Sep 17-18, 2018
|Dec 12-13, 2018
Students will receive:
- A digital version of the official Scrum.org slide deck
- A book on Agile Leadership
- A notebook with printed illustrations
- Lunch during both training days
Attendees make the most of the class if they:
- Study the Scrum Guide
- Have been on or are closely involved in building or enhancing a software product or application using Scrum
- Read any book on Scrum by Ken Schwaber
What you will learn
Leaders and managers are critical enablers in helping their organizations be successful, yet the role of leaders and managers in an agile organization can be quite different from what they are used to.
To succeed in a changing world, organizations need to become more agile, more responsive to customer needs and market changes. This workshop will equip leaders and managers to help their organizations change by providing participants with:
- An overview of what “Agile” is, why organizations need it to survive and thrive in a changing world, how it works, and how to quantify its benefits from a business perspective
- The means to identify the potential opportunities and impacts of Agile in terms of business value
- An understanding of how Agile addresses the root causes of business uncertainty and IT project failure and/or dissatisfied customers
- The ability to compare and contrast Agile practices with alternative business practices and discuss how Agile fosters a culture of innovation and enhances financial performance
- An understanding of how to help form and support agile teams using an empirical approach to product delivery
- An understanding of typical challenges that agile teams face and how to support them by removing impediments
At the end of this training\workshop, you:
- Have gained insight in how the measure the success of a Scrum team
- Have explored success\failure criteria for an Agile transformation
- Are aware why we need Agile Leadership
- Have gained knowledge about value driven product development for your business
- Know how your organisation can benefit from empiricism
- Are aware of the fundamental elements & principles to make Scrum successful
- Know the difference between a traditional and an Agile Leader
- Have gained several applicable, practical implementation-tips for becoming an Agile Leader
- Have more insight on the education roadmap for the different roles in a Scrum team
This training is aimed at leaders who are involved in the adoption of Agility in their organisation:
- Managers who are responsible for leading one/more Scrum teams, including Scrum Masters, Product Owners and members of a Development Team
- Managers or leaders who are responsible for developing people in the Scrum teams (HR/PMO managers)
- Senior Executives who act as a sponsor for the Agile transformation and want to know how to develop the leadership for the Agile transformation
Note that this training\workshop can also be provided in-house. It provides the option to be customized to a minimum of ½ day (experience basic Agile principle), dependent on the needs of the organization.
For a list of my other trainings, see this link.